Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teamwork Tuesday For Colton

Being a Christmas Warrior with Reece's Rainbow has changed me.  Just as every aspect of being involved with Reece's Rainbow.  I have become very attached to my AT Child Colton.  I don't know his special needs.  Its not published.  I have no other pictures.  All I know is this 20 month old baby was born in the same month I got married.  Ironic ???  He is a baby.  He needs a mommy and a daddy...a family.  My heart aches because I wish it was me.  Not just him but so many families needs homes.  My goal right now is to continue advocating and raising funds to find his family.  For a brief time I wanted to stop.  To stop becoming attached.  This is not my child and I already ache for him to be home with a family.  All the problems involved with adoption and esp.  the situation in the country with the priest, made me want to shield my heart from more pain.  My heart still aches for the one that lost his family and most of all that the family lost HIM but he is taken care of.  I can't give up on Colton.  He is still adoptable.  International adoption is taking a leap of faith.  No one said its easy.  Does God want things to be easy???  I think things are worth more if they were fought for.  So today I am saying, I'm continuing to find this baby a family. 

On a happy note, I raised $152 yesterday for Colton gift wrapping at Barnes and Nobles.  The most important thing was the word of this sweet baby AND Reece's Rainbow is out.  Some people were even as helpful as to tell me of certain programs that help Non-Profit charities.  Today I will be gift wrapping again.  I will fight for Colton even though I still think of "T."  I pray for the hurt to go away...for me but most of all for his family who fought for him for over 7 months.  I can only do what I can but today I choose to save an orphan...1 child at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment