Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My heart hurts-International adoption

Is it even fair?  Is it fair we have to put a price on children?  These children with down syndrome and other special needs are special children.  Many of us love them because they are just that.  Most importantly they are children of God.  God....I love God but it makes me sad that God cannot shield our hearts from hurt.  I know I am talking in circles but what I'm trying to say is its heart breaking all the rules and  most importantly the cost to adopt a child.  I want to adopt but am not there yet.  Will I ever be?  Only God knows.  All I can do is fight and try to raise the ransom for my friends who ARE adopting.  Who, ARE qualified to adopt.  Yesterday I learned that a child a friend was pursuing is being pursued by another family.  Who are very close to committing.  To some that may seem like to big deal but it is.  This person has been praying, fighting to raise funds and most of all loving this child.  I cannot even imagine the pain and heart ache.  Today she said to me "I lost my baby * all because I didn't have the money." I'm asking for prayers for this friend I will not name.  I'm also asking for friends for the child she intended on adopting.  I know God has a plan but as we all know God's plan is not always easy to see.  I'm hoping God chose this other family so this child can get home faster and the child's health be taken care of faster.  So my heart is heavy today and all prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment