Sunday, January 1, 2012

Saving Sydney and Lucien

Just recently I was apart of the best thing I have ever been a part of.  The Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree. It was so incredible to be a part of getting all these children listed to their goal of $1, 000.  I really did help, rally and give but most of all prayed.  There were a good amount of children who moved to the MFFM page.  Which means they have families commit to them.

Lucien, a baby boy who took my breath away was quickly committed to at the beginning of the Angel Tree.  He didn't make it to his goal because he moved down the list to the MFFM page and people stopped fighting for him since he had a family.  I was a little disappointed and kept trying to being the focus back to these kids.  These kids have families coming now, yes, but the family is the most important thing!  That doesn't mean they stop needing our help.  On the other side, there are very few people who have enough money that don't need or (sometimes) want our help.

So I do understand people's hesitancy in not getting the kids to their goal since finding families.  But for Lucien's family this is not the case.  They had already committed to bringing another baby home, Sydney.  They will be traveling around April.  I wish we could have focused more on Lucien on the Angel Tree.  This family is doing what I cannot...Adopting.  This family has taken a total leap in faith and is really trusting in God to help them. 

There were about five or so of us AT tree warriors who tried to help the under $1,000 children on the MFFM page but it wasn't enough.  (Even though every dollar counts and we did have a little movement, most likely between the 5 of us).  I felt a little bit of failure and was a little peeved at myself for not working harder.  I put kids faces out there and helped them to goal but it seemed impossible for our sweet thumb sucker, Lucien.

Now this isn't a woe is me post.  I just felt we lost the focus of the Angel Tree is.  And how would I know since this is my first year.  I was feeling this way when I read this message from Lucien's mommy:

When we committed to Sydney and Lucien they did not have any grant money, no angel tree money, no warrior money. However, we did receive a blessing that before we had become "official" in our commitment, he did get a little bit of angel tree money. And people can still donate to him, even though he is not able to get any of the angel tree benefits such as matching donors. The whole purpose of the angel tree is to help children FIND their families and since we have found him, that extra help is gone. Some children have been listed a long time, they need the extra boost to help encourage a family to reach out and open their hearts to a child. It is very scary stepping out in faith, and wondering if you will be able to raise the money in time. When stepped out knowing that we would have to put all our trust in God for this one. $30,000 is NOT easy to raise. We have raised (counting our promise trust money) $5000. We still need to raise $25,000. We have until around April to get this. We hope to encourage other families and be an inspiration to families who see children who have little or no grant money or warrior/angel tree money. We want these families to know that they can step out in faith and others will be willing to step up and help them. YES, it is scary! This is the scariest thing I have ever done. Each day I have to force myself to NOT compare our fsp to others. I have to tell myself to NOT get discouraged. I have to tell myself that God works on HIS time NOT mine. And I have to believe that we WILL be ok, we WILL be able to make it to Sydney and Lucien, and we WILL be holding our babies and bringing them back home in April.
One of the hardest things for me is that I feel like I am having to step out of my comfort zone. I am normally a somewhat quiet person who just really loves to spend time with my family. I would rather sit down and play scrabble or sorry sliders with my family than go out shopping. I find myself putting myself out there now, trying to tell everyone about the wonderful work that Reece's Rainbow is doing and how children with special needs ARE worth it. They are so very worth it. I want others to find their special little love too. I want to see other families bring their little ones home. I have to give everything to God, put it all in his hands, because this is one of those times when there is only ONE set of footprints in the sand. God is carrying me today, I am leaning on him. And I know, he will see us through.
I am so blessed to have him to lean on, and I know that it will all work out, I am certainly having to learn patience and taking an extra helping of faith. Please keep us in your prayers. Please pray that we will be able to get our little ones home and in doing so, we will inspire others to set out in faith as well, and be willing to commit to children who have little to no funds to start with. Let's show that it CAN be done!
Please pray!
Colton to his AT goal with help of my new friends, my facebook family, my fellow warriors.  I know with other's help we can save these children and bring them home quickly.  
So my bitterness is gone and I admit we didn't get Lucien to his Angel Tree Goal but we can build up this family's grant for both Lucien and Sydney.  Please take a look here for how you can help.  
becauseyouareloved.blogspot.com



 

1 comment:

  1. As the future mama of two sweeties that were also moved to the MFFM page during the Angel Tree campaign, I SO appreciate that you were advocating for our little ones too! It was such a surprise when I saw Emilie's grant hit $1000, and Abigail's kept climbing too!! Thanks for commenting on our blog - I'd love to be friends on facebook too. Thanks so much for advocating for our kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete